Saturday, March 10, 2012

Whimsie Doodles "Spring Fling" Challenge

Whimsie Doodles is having a fun challenge this month!  It's called Spring Fling!  So get your creative juices flowing and create something that reminds you of spring.

It could be flowers, spring colors, Easter, Bunnies, etc.

I went with an Easter card for this challenge.  You can't think of Spring without thinking of bunnies right?  :)

Here is my GDT card for this challenge:


I used the adorable image from Whimsie Doodles called Egg Painting.  You can get him here.

I wove strips of paper together to create the background, then added a doily from MFT Die-namics Dies.  On the doily I put grass using a Martha Stewart grass border punch.  Made a blue sky using Distress Ink - broken china, and added clouds using MFT Die-namics cloud die. A little faux stitching, then some bling.  Oh yes, got to have some bling.  LOL  Then bunny was added with some pop dots to make him stand off the card a bit.

So head over to Whimsie Doodles and enter their monthly challenge today!

13 comments:

  1. This is simply adorable. I love the Easter Bunny.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Dawn, I love those MFT dies, I wanted to order some, but I am always so scared if I order something from overseas it will go "missing", it's known to happen in this neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Dawn, I love your paper weaving and that cute image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi check out my blog there's something for you xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, This is just adorable! I love Whimsey Doodles! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Dawn, love the bunny :) Thanks for joining in at the Glitter Geeks this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute cadr, i love your design its gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute and springy- you should come and join us on the ABC DT challenge this month.

    http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn this is so pretty I love the colours Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bunny image its adorable - thank you for joining the glitter geeks challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn, this is so cute! Love the little scene you created for the bunny :>) So glad to have you joining us this month at WD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I love hearing from you!